Thursday, October 13, 2005

FOOTBALL PRIORITIES

I have to attend a work conference Sunday-Wednesday. This means I will miss all of Sunday's football action and even Monday Night's game (banquet that night I have to attend). I briefly flirted with the idea of blowing off the conference (yes, I am that addicted to football), but ultimately decided I need the paychecks that come with keeping my job (if for no other reason than to pay for my DirectTV Sunday NFL ticket). I will Tivo a few games but I just don't think I can keep from hearing the scores until Wednesday and watching games where you know what is going to happen just doesn't have the same magic (yes, I know how pathetic this sounds). My wife just started laughing when I told her of my predicament. I heard her muttering something under breath that sounded suspiciously like "poetic justice".

No comments: