Monday, March 06, 2006

A weak rationalization

You may have noticed a little less effort put into this site since the end of the football season. My posts have been infrequent and probably a little lame.

Two explanations for this. The first one is that I have new responsibilities at work (yes, this means I got a promotion, and no it doesn't mean that much more money. Bastards.) and I don't have the time that I had before to use company time and company internet services for the purposes God intended, ----surfing the internet and blogging. This could change as I figure out how best to manipulate my time and responsiblities and get back to what I do best at work, which is studying the benefits of 3 receiver and 4 receiver offensive sets against the cover 2 defense.
So with work out of the picture in terms of time to update this site then I have to try and do it at home. This means competing with a wife and 2 kids under 4 years old who have the nerve to demand more of my time. All right, so they don't have to twist my arm. I am kidding on that one. I like spending time with my family and since I didn't have a dad who liked to hang with me when I was a kid, I try to let my kids drive me as crazy as possible.

The second reason I haven't been posting as much is that I realize I just don't have the passion about other sports as I do football. And the offseason for football doesn't really get my juices flowing. I mean I'm interested in things like the Collective Bargaining Agreement, the draft, free agency, etc. but it's not enough for me to want to post thoughts on these things daily or even bi-weekly. As far as other sports go, I imagine I'll be into baseball a little more when the season gets cranked up. When March Madness rolls around I'll definitely be into college b-ball and I'll take an interest in the NBA when the playoffs roll around. But football is why I started this blog in the first place. I had thoughts about Pro and college football that I wanted to write down and a blog seemed as good as place as any. That way people had the opportunity to tell me what a dork I am for thinking the way I do. I was getting too uppity for my own good anyway.

So I figure until football season rolls around again I'll continue to do what I'm doing. That is, post about once a week on sports topics that catch my interest. I would like to update every Monday or Tuesday. So check back at the first of each week for some new nugget of wisdom (or crap) from yours truly. Thanks for sticking with me.

No comments: