Tuesday, January 10, 2006

What the hell? The Jazz are in 1st?

You know what's crazy? The Utah Jazz are 1 game over .500 and in first place of the Northwest Divison, thats what. I predicted a total nosedive for the Jazz a couple of months ago and it looks like at least right now they won't be as bad as I thought. Kirilenko is starting to look like his All-Star self, Okur is nailing some big shots and is actually earning all that cash they are paying him, and they are getting some pretty good point guard play by committee. I'm not a big Jerry Sloan fan, (too predictable and stubborn) but I'll say this for him, he gets guys to play hard. If they can keep this up they could have a shot at a playoff spot. That would have been unthinkable for me at the start of the season. I might actually have to start watching some games. And yeah, I'm a "Johnny come lately" , or more specifically I'm an NBA "fairweather fan". I can accept that. There are just too many games in an NBA season for me to live and die by my team. I'm a basket case enough as it is when the Rams lose on Sundays.
So I might tune into the Jazz a little bit more after this month. Don't tell my wife though. She expressed to me just yesterday her sheer delight at the impending close of the NFL season,...and well, it just wouldn't be right to dampen that kind of enthusiasm.

1 comment:

twins15 said...

Ha, it shocked me when I saw that. The sad thing is, there are three teams in the Northwest divison with better record than the Jazz.