Monday, November 12, 2007

NFL Thoughts: Week 10

---I'm not even going to try to make sense of the Colt's debacle. I will say that I agree with Charger running backLadainian Tomlinson's assessment of his team from a couple of weeks back. He said, "we're not an elite team". Uh ..no kidding. The Colts miss two field goals (one a gimmee) and Manning throws 5 meaningful picks (6 total) and you barely escape with a win after Vinatieri misses the above mentioned gimme 26 yarder? You are anything but elite San Diego. But stay classy anyway.

---The Rams won. And holy crap-- they actually looked like the team I thought they were. They are who I thought they were! .....sorry about that Dennis Green moment there. But seriously, Bulger looked somewhat decent. Now if he would get serious and start earning his money maybe the Rams could hope for a light at the end of the tunnel.

---Anyone read the Bill Simmons article where he whines about the Colts-Pats game. I usually like his stuff but I'm so sick of Patriot fans and their sense of "injustice". Shut up you freaking cheaters!

---I hope Adrian Peterson's injury heals fast. I like him.

---I'm not buying the Steelers yet.

---I like the Packers and considering how weak the NFC is I definitely think they have at a shot at going to the Superbowl. But does anyone see the NFC pulling an upset of the Patriots (or if there is any justice in this world, the Colts)? I don't.

---There were so many unwatchable games this past week that I am seriously considering not renewing my NFL DirectTV ticket next year. With the quality of games (or lack of) lately in the NFL, it's just not worth the money. I mean really, I could be spending this money on therapy bills, Anne of Green Gables Box DVD sets, Star Wars action figures, or other meaningful pursuits.

No comments: