Sunday, September 16, 2007

NFL Thoughts: Week 2

A few musings about this week's action:


---Right about now folks are getting sick of the Belichick taping scandal. I could care less. It's not like it's a surprise that Belichick is an ass. He's not the only one cheating. Probably just the one that's doing it the most and with the most defiance about it. I had to laugh at the Commissioner's appearance on NBC tonight. He's smoking crack if he thinks Belichick is giving up any of their other cheating tapes. But you know none of it really matters. Cheating or not cheating, the Pats will be obliterating teams this year. The Chargers are the victims this week. But the NFL should be warned. The Patriots are going to own the league this year. Bastards. If they don't win every game by at least two TDs it will be a minor upset. I see them having a shot at an undefeated season and and then throttling their Super Bowl opponent. I hate them. I really hate them.

---It's really too bad that a there are a few teams out there that have championship quality teams but lack a top shelf QB. The Charger's Philip Rivers doesn't look quite ready to take his team to the promised land. I mean he could get there at some point but by the time he does the Chargers window may be closed. And the Bears and Lovie Smith are the only ones in America that believe Rex Grossman = championship. The delusion has to end soon right?

---The Titans impressed me. I've never been a Vince Young fan and I never will be, but I have to admit he has that "it" factor about him. I'm not sure what the hell I mean by that but he definitely has the ability to scare you in a tight game. And there aren't too many QBs out there that can do that. Their defense played Manning pretty tough too. They might just be a Wild Card contender in the AFC.

---I sure wish I had Tivoed the Browns/Bengals game. What does it say about the Bengals Defense that Cleveland hung 51 points on them? Are the Browns that much better with Anderson leading them? Or does the Bengals defense suck that bad? I'm leaning toward the latter. Still a fun game. Maybe the NFL channel will replay it this week.

---My Rams lose to San Fran. Again. They shoot themselves in the foot multiple times. Again. (sigh) ---When a division sucks as bad as the NFC West does, it just seems like such a waste.

---At least the Seahawks lost. Do I have to worry about the Cardinals now?

No comments: