Monday, February 13, 2006

Pro-Bowl Blues

I realized last night as I was watching the news that the Pro-Bowl was played yesterday and I had forgotten to watch it or even tivo it. How does a self-professed football fanatic like myself forget to watch pro football players in the last event of the season? Simple. The Pro Bowl sucks. I think I have only watched the entire game once in my life. Although I have to say the coaches shirts for the game are a really good idea. See Shanahan's face in the pic? His eyes say "I'm pissed", but his shirt says, "Aloha!". Good stuff.

What's the biggest reason this game sucks and nobody cares? It really comes down to one thing. It's played after the season. Now logic says due to the violent nature of the sport this is the only time it could be played. And I agree. It couldn't be played any other time. But their is no denying that the NBA and MLB games are more interesting and more controversial (who got snubbed, who got in that shouldn't, etc.) because it's mid-season and fan interest in their games are higher.

The SuperBowl is a memory now. The climax is over. It's like sex. Nobody wants to make out after the deed is done. We just want to go to sleep now. Thats the Pro-Bowl.

Give me a couple of months and I'll be ready to watch anything resembling football. Right now I'm going to go take a nap.

No comments: