Saturday, November 12, 2011

NFL Picks: Week 10

Chargers over the Raiders
A Thursday game that I thought would go the other way. Michael Bush torched the San Diego defense. The Raider offensive line deserves a lot of credit this season. McFadden or Bush seem to get their yards each week. For the Charger faithful it should be painfully obvious that Norv Turner is not a head coach that will ever lead a team to the promised land. He's a good coordinator and a mediocre head coach. Time to clean house in San Diego.

Eagles over Cardinals
If the Eagles lose this one the wailing and gnashing of teeth will commence in Philly. They have got to beat a bad Arizona team.

Panthers over Titans
Steve Smith's athleticism is a sight to behold. Cam Newton has been good but it's helped that he's had a receiver that goes up

Bucs over the Texans
My guess is that the Bucs are going to focus on the Texan run game and see if Schaub can beat them.

Dolphins over the Redskins
John Beck makes his return to Miami, going for revenge against the team that let him go. I'm sure the Fins are quaking in their cleats.

Jags over the Colts
Indy's season was over before this season began. I've been trying to find the clip where Manning nearly had his head ripped off a couple of years ago. If anyone has a link to it I'd like to see it. It's hits like that that got Manning where he is today.

Chiefs over the Broncos
Player I most miss this season? It's not Manning, it's Jamaal Charles. That guy was fun to watch last year. K.C. misses him.

Bills over the Cowboys
I think it will be tight. Maybe a field goal difference.

Falcons over the Saints
The one game I want to see this weekend. Should be a good one.

Browns over the Rams
I'm a Ram fan and I don't even want to watch this one.

Steelers over the Bengals
This wouldn't be that much of an upset if Cincy takes out Pittsburgh this week. They are perhaps the most surprising team of the year but seem to be legitimately good.

Ravens over the Seahawks
Last week's victory over the Steelers was impressive. Joe Flacco has been bad this year but you have to hand it to him on that final drive against Pittsburgh; he took a page out of the Roethlisberger textbook.

Giants over the 49ers.
The battle of two surprising QBs. I'm equally surprised with the tough defense San Fran has been playing this year.

Lions over the Bears
This will be a good test to see if Detroit can get it's swagger back.

Patriots over the Jets
I can't see the Pats losing 3 in a row. I mean, I would love it, I just don't think it will happen.

Packers over the Vikings
It's amazing that the Vikes almost went to the Super Bowl a couple of years back. Who knows how long it will take them to contend again and meanwhile the Pack seem set for years to come.

Last Week: 8-6
Overall: 79-48 (62%)

1 comment:

notacynic said...

I think Giants/49ers is this week's most intriguing match-up. And I pick the niners. Should be close, though.