Monday, December 04, 2006

My name is Albert Pujols. I'm a dumb-ass and it's your fault

Albert Pujols is the latest example of an idiot athlete who does something stupid and then wants to point the finger elsewhere. How else to explain his classless and clueless recent comments regarding the MVP debate? As you know, Pujols told media in the Dominican Republic that he felt anybody who didn't go to the playoffs didn't deserve to win the MVP. Specifically he said this: "I see it this way: Someone who doesn't take his team to the playoffs doesn't deserve to win the MVP."

So now that his own words have indicted him as a selfish dumb-ass, he of course is doing some damage control (and failing miserably at it I might add). Now he wants to apologize to Ryan Howard. For what I don't know. He apparently doesn't feel he needs to apologize for his words because even though he said them, he really didn't. Now he says, "I never said he didn't deserve the MVP. He is deserving of that award. He earned it. That's why he got it. I'm not trying to defend myself... ---Check the contradictions here. He said it, but he says he didn't. He's not trying to defend himself yet, he lays the blame for this whole mess at the feet of the media for having the audacity to report his actual words. Feeling he's been unfairly portrayed, he says "The way that came out hurt me big time," "I'm very angry about that." There you go Albert. Now you have Victimology 101 down to a science. Instead of taking responsibility for you own dipshit comments, you are now pissed that they were reported. Hey not only do you defend Barry Bonds (see more stupid comments made this past summer), you've been taking notes. Atta boy.

No comments: