Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Countdown to Pigskin Heaven

Ahhh. Football is in the air. Can you smell it? At this point in the summer I am pretty much salivating like a rabid dog at the very mention of the NFL and College Football. I find myself even watching and nodding my head to Sean Salisbury on ESPN, which is troubling on all kinds of levels.

What is it about football that enables it to hold us as emotional hostages? Is it the fantasy element which has captured so many fans attention, interest, and at times cash? That certainly helps but I'll be honest, although interested in it, I have never played fantasy football (it's blasphemy I know but at another time I'll outline my reasons for this sin). No it's something about the game itself that appeals to fans and has helped it become the top sport in America. Maybe it's the violence or the fact that games are played on a weekly basis, thus ramping up the anticipation. Whatever it is, I'm hooked and so are you most likely.

So it's time for me to start talking some football. Soon I'll start posting my predictions on what I think will happen this year. In football that is. Other predictions like my end of the world theories can be found on another site entitled "We're all gonna die horrible gruesome deaths so eat lots of cheese while you can". .....Ahem. Anyway, they ought to be pretty amusing to check back on later on in the season. The football predictions, not the doomsday stuff cause that's serious business. Now if you'll excuse me I need to go make sure my Sunday NFL satellite ticket has been renewed....and check my cheese bin.

No comments: