Wednesday, September 03, 2014

NFL Predictions 2014 Week 1

Ahhhh. The smell of football is in the air and I'm salivating. My wife is less pleased.


Season Predictions (a hopeless exercise in futility).

NFC East = Eagles. 
Could the Cowboys, Redskins, or Giants be good? Maybe. I'm betting on Philly again.

NFC West = Seahawks
Maybe the Cardinals and 49ers could unseat them but some luck and better play offensively would help.

NFC North = Chicago Bears. 
I like what the bears have in the kitchen. I'm just not sure Cutler is the right chef. Too many cooking metaphors?  I think so.

NFC South = Saints
This pick is dependent on continued improvement of their defense. No lock obviously.

AFC East = Patriots 
The Pats are always good but once again get the benefit of the cupcake division. No contest for this division. And less respect for the Patriots as a result. It's not their fault obviously, you play the hand dealt. They've just been getting dealt a full house for the past decade and I get tired of t

AFC North = Ravens
Maybe a resurgent year for them. Flacco needs it to save his reputation.

AFC South =Colts
Too easy I know.

AFC West =Broncos
Is it possible to go against the Broncos in this division? Not unless Manning goes down.


1st week, First Game

Seahawks over the Packers.
Can't get the SuperBowl out of my head. They were the best team last year hands down. I'm not a huge fan though but Pete Carroll has built a winner.


2 comments:

notacynic said...

I disagree on two counts. Packers to win tomorrow night and even if they don't to win their division. ; )

The Armchair Quarterback said...

I hope you're right. I would love to see the Packers take Seattle down. They need some humbling. They're just so damn consistent.